(not) straight

by - April 13, 2020



let me get one thing straight
i am not
at least, not in the mind

you see sometimes i get in these dark mood
and just forget the way back to light
no worries though, that's just me in feud
with guests at the door i did not invite.

Anxieties knocked so hard it rattled my system
palms so sweaty i couldn't hold myself together
so i was pulled out as another victim
another one lost to the pressure

Depression is the cousin Anxiety brought along
and never had the decency to leave ever since
then from my friends I started to withdrawn
for i would never be happy, he had me convinced

Insecurity however, was too big for the door
she then cut herself so she would fit
bleeding and battered she limped on the floor
as long as she got in, all was worth it

let me get one thing straight
i am not
at least, not in the mind
this is not me confessing that i am gay
this is just me professing that i am not

p/s: this is, indeed, a twist to a meme ;)

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. The voice made me think of Phil Kaye, would really love if you could perform this! :)

    ReplyDelete